Trifecta Communications publishes Moore Monthly, a monthly magazine featuring news, events, and people of the City of Moore. Other projects for Trifecta Communications include logo, print ad, billboard, banner, flyer, website, and event management.
A closer look …
To design a community-based lifestyle magazine.
The City of Moore is a developing community nestled between the established cities of Oklahoma City and Norman. The client saw a need for an alternative source of community-related news presented in a magazine format.
- Create content that encourages readers’ participation (e.g. Moorenopoly – a Monopoly-like game to encourage readers’ patronage of advertisers’ businesses).
- Highlight people within the community in a recurring section (i.e. Citizen Spotlight).
- Feature events within the community and provide an online source for more photos to download and/or print (e.g. Moore Photos).
- Art direction and graphic design.
- Developed basic layout and content flow and designed look-&-feel of magazine (2006).
- Worked closely with editor to design custom cover art and story layout for monthly features.
- Worked closely with editor and advertising director for placement of monthly advertorial and editorial content.
- Designed print advertisements for advertisers upon request.
- Developed and designed special editions such as Summer Guides, Fall Guides, and Moorenopoly.
- Provided camera-ready files for 4-color press.
- Designed and maintained website featuring monthly highlights, photo gallery, and readers’ feedback.
- Designed flyers featuring ad rates and content highlights.
- Designed banner and billboard to market the magazine.
What did they say …
“We initially approached Vincent in 2006 with nothing more than an idea for a monthly lifestyle magazine. While we had some general concepts, Vincent brought it all together into a professional and interesting looking publication. Within a year, the Moore Monthly was widely regarded as a bellwether magazine. While overseeing design of the magazine, Vincent also helped form a full-fledged graphic design department within our company, opening the door for us to offer full service design work to clients ranging from business cards to brochures and catalogs. Due in part to Vincent’s contributions and vision, this department grew steadily during his time at our company and is now a significant portion of our operation.”